Arrival at Rome airport. After picking up the rental car, drive to Rome. On this day there are no planned activities. Free time to discover the city on your own.
Overnight in hotel in Rome.
Breakfast in hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own. We suggest you to visit the highlights of the monuments symbol of Rome and it is a fascinating view.
Overnight in Rome.
You can visit the Piramide, the Mouth of Truth, Circus Maximus, the Baths of Caracalla and the Colusseum. You can then admire Santa Maria Maggiore, Republic Square, Piazza Venezia, the Quirinale. Walk through the historical center of the city and visit Fontana di Trevi, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Via Condotti, Via del Corso, Piazza del Popolo and Villa Borghese. Continue your visit through Lungotevere, admire Palazzo di Giustizia and Castel Sant’Angelo.
Fontana di Trevi
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can opt to spend your day in Florence.
Overnight in hotel in Rome.
Drive to Florence where you will arrive after about 2hrs and start to discover the city walking through the city center where you can admire the cathedral, the Giotto’s bell tower, the Baptistery, the square of Santa Maria Novella, Piazza della Signoria and the small church of Orsanmichele. You can dedicate the last part of your itinerary to visit Ponte Vecchio and to the river above it, the Arno. Drive back to Rome.
4 Rome – drive to Sorrento area
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you have to drive to Sorrento Area.
Overnight in Sorrento area.
Before departing to Sorrento, we suggest you to visit the Vatican Museum, an enormous complex of galleries holding
some of Italy’s most important art, from paintings and sculptures to tapestries and classical antiquities. Adjoining St. Peter’s Basilica, the
Vatican Museums’ miles of corridors connect buildings and courtyards housing the Pinacoteca, Egyptian Museum, Gallery of Tapestries, Pius-
Clementine Museum, and Gallery of Maps. But the crown jewels are the Sistine Chapel, famous for Michelangelo’s ceiling and The Last
Judgment, and the 16th-century frescoes in the Raphael Rooms. Drive to Sorrento.
5 Amalfi Coast
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can opt to spend you day in the Amalfi coast, one of the most spectacular coastlines of Europe.
Overnight in Sorrento area.
Visit the famous towns of Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello to walk the pretty streets, browse in boutiques or whatever you like. Stop first in Positano to see the beautiful beach and do some shopping. Continue to Amalfi, famous for its colorful cathedral and papermaking
history Enjoy some free time in Amalfi for lunch (own expense) Visit hilltop Ravello after lunch to gaze at the spectacular views.
6 Capri and Anacapri
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can opt to spend you day in Capri.
Overnight in Sorrento area.
Take in the breeze of the Mediterranean as you cruise over to the island in a boat. Head over to the chic town of Capri and take a walking tour, that includes a visit to the Augustus Gardens that look over the Faraglioni rock formations. Then, opt to visit the hilltop village of Anacapri or take the chairlift up to Monte Solaro. In the afternoon drive back to Sorrento area.
7 Pompeii – Salerno port – Ferry to Catania
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you have to take the ferry from Salerno to Catania. We suggest you to visit Pompeii.
Overnight on board.
After the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, Pompeii lay buried and forgotten for centuries under the lava. The excavations, which already begun in 18th century, still go on today. You can walk through some of the ancient streets, where you can see baths, forums and villas which were built by wealthy Romans in 80 BC. It is nearly unbelievable how good the fabulous frescoes that adorn the walls and floors of the villas have been preserved. Drive to Salerno Port. Take the ferry to Catania
8 Etna and Taormina
Breakfast on board (own expenses). This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can opt to spend you day visiting Etna and Taormina.
Overnight in Taormina Area.
Drive to the Mt. Etna, the highest peak of Sicily and the most active volcano in Europe. The territory surrounding the volcano constitutes the “Park of Etna”, one of the largest protected areas in Italy: You will be astonished about the great variety of vegetation and landscapes that we will meet along the way before arriving at the “Silvestri Craters” (about 1.900 mt). From here on you can opt to have a soft trekking throught the craters or to reach the Etna Summit by jeep and cableway (extra cost). In the late afternoon drive to Taormina. As you walk and discover the amazing town of Taormina, you will see beautiful old buildings, including the 15th-century Palazzo Corvaja and an ancient Greek Roman theatre the 2nd largest classical theatre in Sicily (Admission fee is not included). Discover the medieval area of the town with its narrow strest and old shops.
9 Catania and Syracuse
Breakfast in hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can opt to spend you day visiting Catania and Syracuse.
Overnight in Taormina area.
Drive to Catania for a walking tour through the streets into Catania’s UNESCO-listed historical center with its Baroque palazzi and amazing monuments, visit the open-air fish market, famous for its particular colors. Continue driving to Syracuse, one of the most interesting archaeological sites of the island with its Archeological Park , the Roman Amphitheatre, the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysus, the Cave of the Cordari, Island of Ortigia, the most ancient nucleus of the city with its stunning cathedral. Drive back to Taormina area.
10 Piazza Armerina and Agrigento
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you have to drive to Palermo. We suggest you to visit Piazza Armerina and Agrigento.
Overnight in Palermo area.
Drive to Piazza Armerina to visit the Villa Romana del Casale, famous for the most beautiful collection of late-Roman mosaics. Continue your trip driving to Agrigento where you can visit the Temples’ Valley, including the Temple of Juno, the Temple of Concorde
(one of the best preserved Doric temples in the whole Greek world), the Temple of Hercules , the Temple of Castor and Pollux. Drive to Palermo.
11 Marsala, Erice and Segesta
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you have to drive to Palermo. We suggest you to visit Erice and Segesta
Overnight in Palermo area.
Drive to Marsala, famous because of the salt works and the production of wine. Stop in The Riserva dello Stagnone a magical place, with a striking natural landscape of rare beauty for its white salt pans with windmills. Continue driving to to Erice, the medieval town on the summit of Monte San Giuliano. Here you can admire the Norman Castle (exterior) and the Cathedral. In the meantime we suggest you to have a stop at a bakery to taste the typical almond pastry of Erice. Drive to Segesta, one of the most beautiful archeological sites of Sicily, where you should visit the Doric temple whose majestic appearance and dominating position bestows great nobility to the landscape. Return to Palermo.
12 Palermo and Monreale – Ferry to Naples
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you have to take the ferry from Palermo to Naples. We suggest you to visit Palermo and Monreale.
Overnight on the ferry to Naples in double internal cabin.
In the morning visit of Palermo, the Royal Palace and Cathedral. Enjoy a walking tour of Sicily’s capital, teeming with impressive art and ruins, Byzantine buildings and Baroque churches. You can also visit Piazza Pretoria, The Martorana Church, “I Quattro canti”, Via Maqueda, Politeama Theatre and Teatro Massimo, the opera house. Drive to Monreale, a lovely town on the slopes of Monte Caputo overlooking Palermo. Monreale was named for the once numerous citrus orchards that dotted the fertile La Conca d’Oro valley below. Walk to the Cathedral, considered one of the finest Norman constructions in the world. Drive to the port in the afternoon. Board the ferry to Napoli.
13 Naples, Caserta and Montecassino – Drive to Rome
Optional breakfast on board (own expenses). Arrive at Naples port in the early morning. Today you have to drive to Rome. During the journey we suggest you to visit Caserta and Montecassino.
Overnight in Rome.
During your trip to Rome, you can opt to stop in Caserta to visit The Royal Palace of Caserta, commissioned in the 18th century by Charles of Bourbon, King of Naples and Sicily and known as the largest royal residence in the world. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Continue driving to to Montecassino. The Abbey of Monte Cassino is one of the most famous Abbeys in the world. In 529 St Benedict chose this mountain to build a monastery. Continue driving to Rome.
14 Tour overs after breakfast
Today your trip comes to an end after breakfast. Check out at 10:00. Drive to Rome airport and release the car at the rental counter.
Make it a private escorted tour
Book this tour as a private departure – choose your departure day – opt to book a private chauffeur that allows you to travel in style and comfort, leaving the hassle of navigating foreign roadways and big city traffic to someone else – tailorize your itinerary – with your own tour escort and all the benefits of a Norma Vacanze group tour – for any group, big or small (even just one traveller).
- 4 overnights in a 4-star hotel in Rome on BB basis
- 3 overnight in a 4-star hotel in Sorrento area on BB basis
- 2 overnights in a 4-star hotel in Taormina area on BB basis
- 2 overnights in a 4-star hotel in Palermo area on BB basis
- 1 overnight on the Ferry from Salerno to Catania in internal double cabin, car on board included
- 1 overnight on the Ferry from Palermo to Neaples in internal double cabin, car on board included
- Category A car rental for the duration of your stay (Citroen C1 – Yaris or similar) with the “Silver” insurance package (*). Each rental day has a fraction of 24 hours, the vehicle must be returned on time or within the following 59 minutes;
- Car delivery at Rome airport. During the booking you can decide to leave the car in a different city at extra charge.
- City tax to be paid on spot;
- Lunches and dinners;
- Tips and extras of a personal nature;
- Porterage service;
- Motorway tolls;
- Tickets for plane, ship, train or bus to reach airport;
- Entrance to monuments and archaeological parks;
- Anything not expressly indicated in “the rate includes.
- 13 dinners (3 course menu ) at the hotels € 280 p.p;
- 3rd bed reduction 10%;
- Post tour in Rome from € 100 one dbl room for 2 pax;
- “Gold” insurance package for the car, € 10 per day;
- “Platinum”insurance package for the car € 15 per day;
- Cars of higher category as Ford Fiesta from € 12 per day.
4-star Standard hotels:
Shangri La, American Palace
- Taormina area:
Antares, Sporting Baia
Astoria Palace, San Paolo Palace.
4-star Premium hotels:
Diocleziano and Villa Glori
- Taormina area:
Albatros Beach Hotel;
The name of the hotel will be communicated few days after your booking.
- Norma Vacanze only deals with the intermediation between the customer and the car rental company. In the event of disputes with the rental company or accidents, the rules established in the contract signed at the airport between the customer and the rental company shall apply, without any involvement of Norma Vacanze.
- Each customer will be able to choose independently whether to follow the suggested itinerary or, instead, to create one according to its needs. However, it is essential to follow the program concerning the cities where to overnight
- (*) A Category cars are subjected to availability and may not be available on all periods. In case the “A category” won’t be available at the time of booking, a superior category will be
offered and in case any supplement would be needed, it will be communicated before the confirmation of each reservation.
THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Unlimited mileage;
- 22% VAT;
- Airport, railway and automotive charges;
- Motor TPL policy – auto civil liability;
- ZERO EXCESS Silver Insurance Package;
- Additional driver;
- Young guide.
- Insurance Silver Package ( included in the rates):
The amount of the allowances provided is reduced by 70% for damages or total theft. The “Silver” package reduces the deductibles but does not cover partial theft, attempted theft and damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle, wheels, windows, interior, and vandalism.
- Insurance Gold Package (with supplement of € 10 per day for a category A car): If the customer purchases a “Gold” package, the amount of the deductible will not be charged. The “Gold” package clears the deductibles provided for damages and total theft and allows you to eliminate the deductible also for damages occurred to the parts of the vehicle not covered by the “Silver” package and the coverage of windows and tires is provided. Partial theft, attempted theft, damage to the roof, damage to the lower part of the vehicle, damage to the interior and damage caused by vandalism, riots, etc. are excluded.
- Insurance Platinum package (with supplement of € 15 per day for a category A car):
If the customer purchases a “Platinum” package, the amount of the theft deductibles (also for partial theft and attempted theft) and damages (also for damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle and the interiors) will be zeroed and the PAI services (which guarantees the driver in the event of death, permanent disability and accidents, with a ceiling of up to € 100,000) and “Road Assistance Plus 24h road assistance (covers all towing costs in the event of an accident with fault and for any other event that occurred during the rental period).
The security deposit must be paid directly by customers by credit card. Below is the detail of the security deposits provided for in the ZERO EXCESS SILVER rate € 200.00.
EXEMPTIONS FOR “A” CATEGORY CAR :
- Non-Life Deductible (CDW): € 1,300.00
- Theft Deductible (TLW): € 1,600.00
For more information, please visit the following sites:
Terms and conditions: www.noleggiare.it/it/termini-e-condizioni/
Insurance plans: https://www.noleggiare.it/wp content/uploads/2020/01/tariffe_noleggio_auto_Noleggiare.pdf
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip.