Arrive at Palermo Airport. After picking up the rental car, drive to Palermo. On this day there are no planned activities. Free time to discover the city on your own.
Overnight in Palermo.
2Day: Palermo, Monreale and Mondello
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own Palermo.
Overnight in Palermo.
Today you will visit Palermo-You begin with the Teatro Massimo, the third biggest opera theatre in Europe. Then you enter the popular market “Il Capo”, that looks like an African souk; at the end of the visit of the market you will taste in a bar the typical Sicilian “Arancina”, a speciality of the local street food. You will continue the visit in the old part of the city with the Cathedral, the Royal Palace and the Palatine Chapel. Proceed to Monreale, famous because of its Cathedral with polychrome mosaics on a golden background, representing scenes of the Old and the New Testament.You will end the visit with the cloiste. In the afternoon enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in Italy, so close to the centre of Palermo. You will reach Mondello beach in 30 minutes from the centre of the city. Mondello was (and still nowadays is) a fisher village, that at the beginning of the XX century was chosen by the rich families of Palermo as seat for their summer holidays. For these reason you will admire there a lot of villas built in liberty style, and another interesting liberty building, the “Stabilimento Balneare” (the bathouse), erected on stilts on the water, that hosts also one of the best restaurants in Palermo. Mondello beach is half-circular shaped, between two promontories (Monte Pellegrino and Capo Gallo) and the colour of the sea will astonish you. Depending on the weather and on the sea conditions you could also have the opportunity to swim (from May to the end of October). A stroll along the sea-promenade (with the palm trees) is a “must”. In the main square you will have the opportunity to taste on your own the specialities of the Sicilian street food or an ice-cream. Back to Palermo city center.
3Day: Cefalù and Castelbuono
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can visit Cefalù and Castelbuono.
Overnight in Palermo.
Drive to Cefalu’ where you can start your day visiting the Piazza del Duomo which stretches out below the Cathedral with its splendid mosaics and which is surrounded by a range of splendid palazzi, pass through Corso Ruggero, the main street, lined with a wide range of boutiques and built over the ancient Roman decumanus street, and head then to the ancient lavatory. You can then drive you up the hills, to Castelbuono, a charming town that was formed in the 14C around the castle built by the Ventimiglia family, a massive square construction with square towers, which has undergone many alterations over the years. Here is also the heart of the Madonie regional park. We suggest you to seat at some local restaurant to taste special meat and mushrooms. Drive back to Palermo.
4Day: Marsala Lagoon, Erice and Segesta
Breakfast in the hotel. This day you are free to relax and explore the city on your own or you can visit Marsala Stagnone, Erice and Segesta.
Overnight in Palermo.
Drive to Marsala, famous because of the salt works and the production of wine. Stop in The Riserva dello Stagnone a magical place, with a striking natural landscape of rare beauty for its white salt pans with windmills. Continue driving to to Erice, the medieval town on the summit of Monte San Giuliano. Here you can admire the Norman Castle (exterior) and the Cathedral. In the meantime we suggest you to have a stop at a bakery to taste the typical almond pastry of Erice. Drive to Segesta, one of the most beautiful archeological sites of Sicily, where you should visit the Doric temple whose majestic appearance and dominating position bestows great nobility to the landscape. Return to Palermo.
5Day: Tour overs after breakfast
Today your trip comes to an end after breakfast. Check out at 10:00. Drive to Palermo airport and release the car at the rental counter.
Make it a private escorted tour
Book this tour as a private departure – choose your departure day – opt to book a private chauffeur that allows you to travel in style and comfort, leaving the hassle of navigating foreign roadways and big city traffic to someone else – tailorize your itinerary – with your own tour escort and all the benefits of a Norma Vacanze group tour – for any group, big or small (even just one traveller).
- 4 overnights in a 4-star hotel in Palermo on BB basis;
- Category A car rental for the duration of your stay (Citroen C1 – Yaris or similar) with the “Silver” insurance package (*). Each rental day has a fraction of 24 hours, the vehicle must be returned on time or within the following 59 minutes;
- Vehicle to be returned at the same place where it has been delivered. Return of the vehicle at different place must be agreed at the time of booking and extra charges will be applied.
- City tax to be paid on spot;
- Lunches and dinners;
- Tips and extras of a personal nature;
- Porterage service;
- Motorway tolls;
- Tickets for plane, ship, train or bus to reach airport;
- Entrance to monuments and archaeological parks;
- Anything not expressly indicated in “the rate includes”.
- 4 dinners (3 course menu) at the hotels € 80 p.p;
- Post tour in Palermo from € 100 per double room per day;
- “Gold” insurance package for the car, € 10 per day;
- “Platinum”insurance package for the car € 15 per day;
- Cars of higher category as Ford Fiesta from € 12 per day.
Astoria Palace, San Paolo Palace
The name of the hotel will be communicated few days after your booking
Norma Vacanze only deals with the intermediation between the customer and the car rental company. In the event of disputes with the rental company or accidents, the rules established in the contract signed at the airport between the customer and the rental company shall apply, without any involvement of Norma Vacanze.
Each customer will be able to choose independently whether to follow the suggested itinerary or, instead, to create one according to its needs. However, it is essential to follow the program concerning the cities where to overnight.
(*) A Category cars are subjected to availability and may not be available on all periods. In case the “A category” won’t be available at the time of booking, a superior category will be offered and in case any supplement would be needed, it will be communicated before the confirmation of each reservation.
THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Unlimited mileage;
- 22% VAT;
- Airport, railway and automotive charges;
- Motor TPL policy – auto civil liability;
- ZERO EXCESS Silver Insurance Package;
- Additional driver;
- Young guide.
- Insurance Silver Package ( included in the rates):
The amount of the allowances provided is reduced by 70% for damages or total theft. The “Silver” package reduces the deductibles but does not cover partial theft, attempted theft and damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle, wheels, windows, interior, and vandalism.
- Insurance Gold Package (with supplement of € 10 per day for a category A car): If the customer purchases a “Gold” package, the amount of the deductible will not be charged. The “Gold” package clears the deductibles provided for damages and total theft and allows you to eliminate the deductible also for damages occurred to the parts of the vehicle not covered by the “Silver” package and the coverage of windows and tires is provided. Partial theft, attempted theft, damage to the roof, damage to the lower part of the vehicle, damage to the interior and damage caused by vandalism, riots, etc. are excluded.
- Insurance Platinum package (with supplement of € 15 per day for a category A car):
If the customer purchases a “Platinum” package, the amount of the theft deductibles (also for partial theft and attempted theft) and damages (also for damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle and the interiors) will be zeroed and the PAI services (which guarantees the driver in the event of death, permanent disability and accidents, with a ceiling of up to € 100,000) and “Road Assistance Plus 24h road assistance (covers all towing costs in the event of an accident with fault and for any other event that occurred during the rental period).
The security deposit must be paid directly by customers by credit card. Below is the detail of the security deposits provided for in the ZERO EXCESS SILVER rate € 200.00.
EXEMPTIONS FOR “A” CATEGORY CAR :
- Non-Life Deductible (CDW): € 1,300.00
- Theft Deductible (TLW): € 1,600.00
For more information, please visit the following sites:
Terms and conditions: www.noleggiare.it/it/termini-e-condizioni/
Insurance plans: https://www.noleggiare.it/wp content/uploads/2020/01/tariffe_noleggio_auto_Noleggiare.pdf
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip.