1Day: Messina area
Arrive at Catania/Palermo Airport. After picking up the rental car, departure to Messina area. On this day there are no planned activities. Free time to discover the city on your own.
Overnight in Messina area.
2Day: Lipari and Vulcano
Breakfast at the hotel. Head to the port of Milazzo, park your car and board the motorboat for the day trip to Lipari and Vulcano. After sailing along the coast of the promontory of Capo Milazzo, we will descend to Lipari, the largest island of the beautiful Aeolian archipelago, UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you can visit the historic center of the island and its main attractions, namely the small archaeological museum in Castello, the cemetery, the Norman cathedral of the twelfth century, consecrated in honor of St. Bartholomew, the archaeological park, walking through the characteristic narrow streets. Back to the port of Lipari and board the motorboat to Vulcano, our second stop. Don’t miss a visit to the black beaches, the hot springs, the sulphurous mud baths and, for those who want to do a little trekking, we suggest climbing the crater. Return to Milazzo with the motorboat and head towards the hotel for dinner.
Overnight in Messina area.
3Day: Panarea and Stromboli
Breakfast at the hotel. Head to the port of Milazzo, park your car and board the motorboat for the daily excursion to Panarea and Stromboli. The first stop is Panarea, the “VIP” island. Walk through the characteristic streets of the village, swim in the crystal clear waters and enjoy a few hours on the island. In about 45 minutes on foot or by cab you can reach the small prehistoric village of Capo Milazzese, dating back to 1400 BC. Return to the port and embark for Stromboli; during the journey you will be able to admire the characteristic islands in front of Panarea. In the afternoon departure for Stromboli; during the transfer you can admire the group of islands in front of Panarea. Before our second stop, visit from the sea to the picturesque village of Ginostra. After docking at the port of Stromboli Scari, visit the island until sunset, then departure to admire the Stromboli that explodes at night, especially the Sciara del Fuoco, where the active lava flows. Return to Milazzo between 22:00 and 23:00, depending on the time of sunset. Ask at the hotel to prepare a cold dinner so that you will find it when you return. Cold dinner at the hotel, overnight in Messina area.
4Day: Montalbano Elicona and Megaliti di Argimusco
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you are free to relax and explore the surroundings or have a swim on the beach or spend a day in Montalbano Elicona and the Megaliti di Agrimusco (Megaliths of Argimusco).
Dinner and overnight in Messina area.
Head inland in Sicily, to the wonderful village of Montalbano Elicona, awarded in 2015 as the most beautiful village in Italy. A labyrinth of alleys leads to the castle, which overlooks the historic center. You will be enchanted by the beautiful views of the lush greenery. Take a tour of the city in the most beautiful corners of the village. Stop for lunch in one of the many trattorias or farmhouses that offer authentic Sicilian cuisine. In the afternoon drive to the Megaliths of Argimusco. Here you can see megaliths (boulders) from prehistoric times and at the same time enjoy spectacular views of Mount Etna, the Aeolian Islands, the curious mountains Rocca Salvatesta and Montagna di Vernà, Capo Tindari, Capo Calavà and Capo Milazzo.
5Day: Tour overs after breakfast
Today your trip comes to an end after breakfast. Check out at 10:00. Drive to Palermo/Catania airport and release the car at the rental counter.
Make it a private escorted tour
Book this tour as a private departure – choose your departure day – opt to book a private chauffeur that allows you to travel in style and comfort, leaving the hassle of navigating foreign roadways and big city traffic to someone else – tailorize your itinerary – with your own tour escort and all the benefits of a Norma Vacanze group tour – for any group, big or small (even just one traveller).
- 4 breakfast and dinner in hotel 4* Messina area;
- Excursion Lipari & Vulcano*;
- Excursion Panarea & Stromboli*;
- *Departures are subject to change due to marine weather conditions.
- Lunch and Ecotax are not included;
- Category A car rental for the duration of your stay in Sicily (Citroen C1 – Yaris or similar) with “Silver” insurance package (*). Each rental day has a fraction of 24 hours, the vehicle must be returned on time or within 59 minutes;
- Vehicle to be returned at the same place where it has been delivered. Return of the vehicle at different place must be agreed at the time of booking and extra charges will be applied.
- City tax to be paid on spot;
- Lunches and dinners;
- Tips and extras of a personal nature;
- Porterage service;
- Motorway tolls;
- Tickets for plane, ship, train or bus to reach airport;
- Entrance to monuments and archaeological parks;
- Anything not expressly indicated in “the rate includes”.
- Post tour in Messina area from € 100 per double room per day;
- Cars of higher category as Ford Fiesta from € 12 per day;
- Gold” insurance package € 10 per day;
- Platinum” insurance package € 15 per day.
- Messina area:
Parco Augusto, Capo Peloro
The name of the hotel will be communicated few days after your booking
Norma Vacanze only deals with the intermediation between the customer and the car rental company. In the event of disputes with the rental company or accidents, the rules established in the contract signed at the airport between the customer and the rental company shall apply, without any involvement of Norma Vacanze.
Each customer will be able to choose independently whether to follow the suggested itinerary or, instead, to create one according to its needs. However, it is essential to follow the program concerning the cities where to overnight.
(*) A Category cars are subjected to availability and may not be available on all periods. In case the “A category” won’t be available at the time of booking, a superior category will be offered and in case any supplement would be needed, it will be communicated before the confirmation of each reservation.
THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Unlimited mileage;
- 22% VAT;
- Airport, railway and automotive charges;
- Motor TPL policy – auto civil liability;
- ZERO EXCESS Silver Insurance Package;
- Additional driver;
- Young guide.
- Insurance Silver Package ( included in the rates):
The amount of the allowances provided is reduced by 70% for damages or total theft. The “Silver” package reduces the deductibles but does not cover partial theft, attempted theft and damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle, wheels, windows, interior, and vandalism.
- Insurance Gold Package (with supplement of € 10 per day for a category A car): If the customer purchases a “Gold” package, the amount of the deductible will not be charged. The “Gold” package clears the deductibles provided for damages and total theft and allows you to eliminate the deductible also for damages occurred to the parts of the vehicle not covered by the “Silver” package and the coverage of windows and tires is provided. Partial theft, attempted theft, damage to the roof, damage to the lower part of the vehicle, damage to the interior and damage caused by vandalism, riots, etc. are excluded.
- Insurance Platinum package (with supplement of € 15 per day for a category A car):
If the customer purchases a “Platinum” package, the amount of the theft deductibles (also for partial theft and attempted theft) and damages (also for damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle and the interiors) will be zeroed and the PAI services (which guarantees the driver in the event of death, permanent disability and accidents, with a ceiling of up to € 100,000) and “Road Assistance Plus 24h road assistance (covers all towing costs in the event of an accident with fault and for any other event that occurred during the rental period).
The security deposit must be paid directly by customers by credit card. Below is the detail of the security deposits provided for in the ZERO EXCESS SILVER rate € 200.00.
EXEMPTIONS FOR “A” CATEGORY CAR :
- Non-Life Deductible (CDW): € 1,300.00
- Theft Deductible (TLW): € 1,600.00
For more information, please visit the following sites:
Terms and conditions: www.noleggiare.it/it/termini-e-condizioni/
Insurance plans: https://www.noleggiare.it/wp content/uploads/2020/01/tariffe_noleggio_auto_Noleggiare.pdf
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip.