1Day: Taormina area
Arrival at Catania airport. After picking up the rental car, departure to Taormina area. On this day there are no planned activities. Free time to discover the city on your own.
Overnight in Taormina area.
2Day: Taormina area
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you are free to relax and explore the surroundings or have a swim on the beach or visit Castiglione di Sicilia and Alcantara Gorges.
Dinner and overnight in Taormina area
Drive to to Castiglione di Sicilia, a small medieval town also known as the “wine city”, where we you can admire Its legendary castle, rich palaces and churches. “Cannizzu” – a lookout tower split in two after being hit by lightning – is really impressive. Santa Domenica’s Church is also worth a visit; it is a rare, valuable example of Byzantine domed building of the seventh century. Then discover Francavilla di Sicilia, a stunning town in the Alcantara valley, where a violent battle occurred between the Spaniards and Austrians in the 16th Century. Here you can also visit the Capucin Monastery, founded in the 16th Century. Then head to the Alcantara Gorges (Gole dell’Alcantara). The water in the river is always cool, it attracts hundreds wishing to take a refreshing dip on hot summer days. To get down into the gorge you can either take the stairs or there is an elevator that will whisk you down the 50 meters to the river. The small beach area is great for getting your feet wet, sunbathing, or if you desire to jump in there are areas you can dive in.
3Day: Etna and Taormina
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you are free to relax and explore the surroundings or have a swim on the beach or visit Etna and Taormina.
Dinner and vernight in hotel in Taormina area.
Drive to the Mt. Etna, the highest peak of Sicily and the most active volcano in Europe. The territory surrounding the volcano constitutes the “Park of Etna”, one of the largest protected areas in Italy: You will be astonished about the great variety of vegetation and landscapes that we will meet along the way before arriving at the “Silvestri Craters” (about 1.900 mt). From here on you will have the option to continue the excursion by jeep and cableway. Drive to Taormina. As you walk and discover the amazing town of Taormina, you will see beautiful old buildings, including the 15th-century Palazzo Corvaja and an ancient Greek Roman theatre the 2nd largest classical theatre in Sicily. Discover the medieval area of the town with its narrow strest and old shops.
4Day: Catania and Syracuse
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you are free to relax and explore the surroundings or have a swim on the beach or visit Catania and Syracuse.
Dinner and overnight stay in Taormina area.
Drive to Catania for a walking tour through the streets into Catania’s UNESCO-listed historical center with its Baroque palazzi and amazing monuments. Visit of the open-air fish market, famous for its particular colors. Then drive to Syracuse, one of the most interesting archaeological sites of the island with its Archeological Park , the Roman Amphitheatre, the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysus, the Cave of the Cordari, Island of Ortigia, the most ancient nucleus of the city with its stunning cathedral.
5Day: Agrigento and Piazza Armerina
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you have to drive to Palermo. During the way we suggest you to have a stop in Piazza Armerina and Agrigento.
Dinner and overnight stay in Palermo.
Drive to Piazza Armerina where you can visit the Villa Romana del Casale, famous for the most beautiful collection of late-Roman mosaics. Procede to Agrigento where you should visit the Temples’ Valley, including the Temple of Juno, the Temple of Concorde (one of the best preserved Doric temples in the whole Greek world), the Temple of Hercules, the Temple of Castor and Pollux.
Drive to Palermo.
6Day: Marsala, Erice and Segesta
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you are free to relax and explore the surroundings or have a swim on the beach or visit Marsala, Erice and Segesta.
Dinner and overnight stay in Palermo.
Drive to Marsala, famous because of the salt works and the production of wine. Stop in The Riserva dello Stagnone is a magical place, with a striking natural landscape of rare beauty for its white salt pans with windmills. Drive to Erice, the medieval town on the summit of Monte San Giuliano. Here you can admire the Norman Castle and the Cathedral. Drive to Segesta, one of the most beautiful archeological sites of Sicily, where you should visit the Doric temple whose majestic appearance and dominating position bestows great nobility to the landscape.
Drive back to Palermo.
7Day: Palermo and Monreale
Breakfast in the hotel. Today you have to drive to Taormina area. Before departing, we suggest you to visit Palermo and Monreale.
Dinner and overnight stay in Taormina area.
In the morning visit the Royal Palace and Cathedral. Enjoy a walking tour of Sicily’s capital, teeming with impressive art and ruins, Byzantine buildings and Baroque churches. Visit Piazza Pretoria, The Martorana Church, “I Quattro canti”, Via Maqueda, Politeama Theatre and Teatro Massimo, the opera house. Drive to Monreale, a lovely town on the slopes of Monte Caputo overlooking Palermo. Monreale was named for the once numerous citrus orchards that dotted the fertile La Conca d’Oro valley below. Walk to Monreale Cathedral, considered one of the finest Norman constructions in the world.
Drive to Taormina area.
8Day: Tour overs after breakfast
Today your trip comes to an end after breakfast. Check out at 10:00. Drive to airport and release the car at the rental counter.
Make it a private escorted tour
Book this tour as a private departure – choose your departure day – opt to book a private chauffeur that allows you to travel in style and comfort, leaving the hassle of navigating foreign roadways and big city traffic to someone else – tailorize your itinerary – with your own tour escort and all the benefits of a Norma Vacanze group tour – for any group, big or small (even just one traveller).
- 4 breakfast and dinners in hotel 4* in Taormina area;
- 3 breakfast and dinners in hotel 4* in Palermo;
- Category A car rental for the duration of your stay in Sicily (Citroen C1 – Yaris or similar) with “Silver” insurance package (*). Each rental day has a fraction of 24 hours, the vehicle must be returned on time or within 59 minutes;
- Car pick up at Palermo or Catania airport. During the booking you can decide to leave the car in a different city at extra charge.
- City tax (to pay on spot);
- Tips and Extras of personal nature;
- Portrage service;
- Fuel supply;
- Highway tolls;
- Plane, ship, train or bus tickets to reach Catania or Palermo airport;
- Entrance fees at musuem or archeological sites;
- All that is not specified in “Rates include”.
- Cars of higher category as Ford Fiesta from € 12 per day;
- Gold” insurance package € 10 per day;
- Platinum” insurance package € 15 per day;
- Guided tours € 30 per person per excursion;
- Compo package guided tours in: Syracuse, Valley of the temples, Palermo and Monreale € 70 per person.
- Taormina area:
Caeasar Palace, Antares, Sporting Baia
Astoria Palace, San Paolo Palace
4-star Premium hotels:
- Taormina area:
Albatros Beach, Hellenia Yaching
Garibaldi, Mercure centro, Palazzo Sitano
Hotels’ names will be communicated 1 month before the beginning of the tour.
- Norma Vacanze deals only with the intermediation between the customer and the car rental company. In case of disputes with the rental company or accidents , the rules set out in the contract signed between the customer and the rental company apply, without any involvement of Norma Vacanze.
- Each customer can choose independently whether to follow the suggested itinerary or to create one according to their own needs. However, it is essential to follow the program concerning the cities where to overnight (Taormina area: Saturday for 3 nights – Palermo area: Wednesday for 2 nights – Taormina area: Friday for 1 night) (*) A Category cars are subjected to availability and may not be available on all periods. In case the “A category” won’t be available at the time of booking, a superior category will be offered and in case any supplement would be needed, it will be communicated before the confirmation of each reservation.
- Dinners at the hotel must be carried out in the same area and at the same time with the customers of the Bus Tour SICILY SUN TOUR of Norma Vacanze.
THE RATE INCLUDES:
- Unlimited mileage;
- 22% VAT;
- Airport, railway and automotive charges;
- Motor TPL policy – auto civil liability;
- ZERO EXCESS Silver Insurance Package;
- Additional driver;
- Young guide.
- Insurance Silver Package ( included in the rates):
The amount of the allowances provided is reduced by 70% for damages or total theft. The “Silver” package reduces the deductibles but does not cover partial theft, attempted theft and damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle, wheels, windows, interior, and vandalism.
- Insurance Gold Package (with supplement of € 10 per day for a category A car): If the customer purchases a “Gold” package, the amount of the deductible will not be charged. The “Gold” package clears the deductibles provided for damages and total theft and allows you to eliminate the deductible also for damages occurred to the parts of the vehicle not covered by the “Silver” package and the coverage of windows and tires is provided. Partial theft, attempted theft, damage to the roof, damage to the lower part of the vehicle, damage to the interior and damage caused by vandalism, riots, etc. are excluded.
- Insurance Platinum package (with supplement of € 15 per day for a category A car):
If the customer purchases a “Platinum” package, the amount of the theft deductibles (also for partial theft and attempted theft) and damages (also for damage to the roof, the lower part of the vehicle and the interiors) will be zeroed and the PAI services (which guarantees the driver in the event of death, permanent disability and accidents, with a ceiling of up to € 100,000) and “Road Assistance Plus 24h road assistance (covers all towing costs in the event of an accident with fault and for any other event that occurred during the rental period).
The security deposit must be paid directly by customers by credit card. Below is the detail of the security deposits provided for in the ZERO EXCESS SILVER rate € 200.00.
EXEMPTIONS FOR “A” CATEGORY CAR :
- Non-Life Deductible (CDW): € 1,300.00
- Theft Deductible (TLW): € 1,600.00
For more information, please visit the following sites:
Terms and conditions: www.noleggiare.it/it/termini-e-condizioni/
Insurance plans: https://www.noleggiare.it/wp content/uploads/2020/01/tariffe_noleggio_auto_Noleggiare.pdf
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure with full refund.
Cancellations from 14 to 8 days before departure, penalty of 30%
Cancellations from 7 to 4 days before departure, penalty of 50%
In case of cancellation within 3 days before departure, penalty of 100%
There will be no refund for no shows or voluntary interruption of an already started trip.