CATANIA HAS A WORLD OF OFFERINGS FOR TRAVELERS: UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES, FASCINATING HISTORY, STREET MARKETS, AND A CUISINE THAT IS THE ENVY OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
- Private Half day trip from Taormina to Catania
- Stroll Around Catania city center to discover the surprises created with the full intention of the baroque architects.
- Discover the delights of Catania UNESCO-listed historical center, and pose for photos next to the comical-looking Fountain of the Elephant in Piazza Duomo and admire the amazing and picturesque fish market.
Start your day trip by boarding your vehicle at your hotel and then relax on the 1-hour journey to Catania, From Piazza Alcalá you will start a walking tour through the streets into Catania’s UNESCO-listed centro storico (historical center). Walk along to Piazza Duomo in the very heart of the city and marvel at its Baroque palazzi exploring the grandiose monuments that are scattered around. Pose for photos in front of the Fountain of the Elephant, carved in Catania’s trademark black volcanic stone, and see the imposing City Hall. Work your way along Via Etnea, the bustling main street named after the town’s nemesis – the brooding Mount Etna – and visit Piazza Stesicoro to see the remains of the wealthy Roman town that Catania once was. Admire the ruins of the Roman amphitheater – a site that once held crowds of 16,000 – and see the monument to Vincenzo Bellini – the famous opera composer from Catania. Continue down Via Etnea and cross into Villa Bellini, the public park. Start to work your way back to the start point, passing along Via Crociferi, a film location for many Italian films. Visit of the the open-air fish market, famous for its particular colors and atmpsphere.
Free time do to discover more about the city, stroll among the noble palaces and city churches rebuilt after the earthquake of 1693, see the liveliness of the popular markets, go shopping, enjoy the many culinary delights that Catania offers.
Re-board your vehicle and head back to your hotel, where you arrive after 1-hour journey
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by car or minivan;
- English speaking driver
- Possibility to book a tour escort or a local guide (extra cost)
- Gratuities (optional),
- Food and drinks.
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.