Defined by Cicero as “the most beautiful city in Magna Graecia”, Siracusa is an elegant town where the ancient Greek grandeur is still very much alive and historic jewels abound at every corner.
- Private Day trip to Syracuse from Palermo or Cefalù
- Explore Parco Archeologico della Neapolis, Syracuse’s archeological zone (entry own expense)
- Pose for photos in front of the Ear of Dionysius and learn about ancient Syracuse from a guide
- Visit the island neighborhood of Ortygia and discover sights like Syracuse Duomo
Start your day trip by boarding your vehicle and then relax on the 3-hours journey to Syracuse. Visit Parco Archeologico della Neapolis, Syracuse’s famous archeological zone that’s home to a vast collection of Greek and Roman ruins from all over Sicily. Head inside to see impressive excavations and well-preserved monuments like a Greek theater, Roman amphitheater and the Ear of Dionysius – an artificial limestone cave. Learn about fascinating structures like the Altar of Hieron II, where bulls were once sacrificed during ancient festivals, and hear tales of Syracuse in bygone days. Leave the archeological zone and head over to the island neighborhood Ortygia, where most of Syracuse’s fascinating sights can be seen. Explore the local attractions, discovering Piazza Archimede, a lively square that’s home to the Fountain of Aretusa – a carving of the Greek goddess’ maiden. Gaze at the square’s Gothic palaces and then continue your stroll around the area to discover the delights of Piazza del Duomo – Syracuse’s central square. Pose for photos in front of Syracuse Cathedral, and admire at the squares other attractions: 17th-century Archbishop’s Palace, the Palace of Beneventano del Bosco and Il Lucertolone – the City Hall. After exploring Ortygia, return to your vehicle for the journey north-west. Your tour then finishes back at the start point.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by car or minivan;
- English speaking driver
- Possibility to book a tour escort or a local guide (extra cost)
- Gratuities (optional),
- Food and drinks,
- Entrance fee to Syracuse Cathedral (approx. 2 eur),
- Entrance fee to Parco Archeologico della Neapolis (approx 10 eur)
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.