SPEND A DAY EXPLORING THE BEST OF PALERMO AND THE GLORIES OF MONREALE WITH THIS COMBINATION DAY TRIP.
- Private day trip to the Sicilian towns of Palermo and Monreale from Cefalù;
- Enjoy a Palermo walking tour and learn about the city’s Arab-Norman architecture;
- Visit the Il Capo market and browse the colorful collection of food;
- Explore the town of Monreale and discover the grandeur of Monreale Cathedral.
Start your day trip by boarding your air-conditioned vehicle at your hotel or at a meeting point and then relax on journey to Monreale, a lovely town on the slopes of Monte Caputo overlooking Palermo.
Monreale was named for the once numerous citrus orchards that dotted the fertile La Conca d’Oro valley below. Walk to Monreale Cathedral, considered one of the finest Norman constructions in the world, built as a royal complex in the 12th century. The exterior of the cathedral is rather unassuming, but step inside to be mesmerized by towering arches, glorious golden mosaics and famous artworks. Follow your cathedral tour with some free time to explore the town and enjoy views over the valley.
Hop on your vehicle for a quick drive to Palermo, situated in a wide Tyrrhenian bay at the foot of Monte Pellegrino.
Enjoy the visit at the Royal Palace (from outside), pause for photos outside of Palermo Cathedral, with its elegant Arabic arches and blue-gray dome. Enjoy a walking tour of Sicily’s capital, teeming with impressive art and ruins, Byzantine buildings and Baroque churches. Learn why there are so many Arab-Norman monuments scattered throughout the city, a legacy of both dynasties ruling in Palermo. You will also visit Piazza Pretoria, The Martorana Church (from outside), “I Quattro canti”, Via Maqueda, Politeama Theatre (from outside). Continue to Teatro Massimo (from outside), the opera house.
Light lunch with typical Sicilian food specialities (own expenses).
Reboard the vehicle at 18:00 and head back to Cefalù. Your day trip finishes back at the start point.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by car or minivan;
- English speaking driver
- Possibility to book a tour escort or a local guide (extra cost)
- Gratuities (optional),
- Food and drinks,
- Entrance fee to Monreale Cathedral: € 4 p.p.
- Entrance fee to Monreale Cloister: € 6 p.p.
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.