A trip to an unknown Sicily, unknown to the majority of tourists, away from the usual tourist spot. A true Sicily to discover and enjoy!
- Half day trip from Taormina to Francavilla di Sicilia and Alcantare Gorges;
- Taste Sicilian wine and tasty local food;
- Discover the delights of Francavilla di Sicilia historical center, and pose for photos next to the stunning capuchin Monastery;
- Explore the natural beauty of the Alcantara Gorge;
- Marvel at the geologic formations of lava turned to stone;
- Splash around in the cold water of the river that runs through the gorge;
- Enjoy visiting a part of Sicily’s very special heritage many tourists miss;
- Notice the lava formations that long ago turned to stone in the gorge Explore the gorge and river on foot;
- Enjoy getting into the cold river on a hot Sicilian day.
Start your day trip by boarding your air-conditioned coach at your hotel or at a metting point and then relax on the 1-hour journey to the Alcantara Gorges (Gole dell’Alcantara), a wonderful natural canyon, where you can admire majesty of the river that flows through the lava stone
The game of light and shade on the steep walls of the gorge creates a world of illusion: in the crevices of the rocks you can guess the outline of the disclosed fan or even consider a Gothic cathedral! The water in the river is always cool, it attracts hundreds wishing to take a refreshing dip on hot summer days.
To get down into the gorge you can either take the stairs or there is an elevator (fee € 13 not included) that will whisk you down the 50 meters to the river. The small beach area is great for getting your feet wet, sunbathing, or if you desire to jump in there are areas where the water is a little deeper so you can dive in.
Then we drive to Francavilla di Sicilia, a stunning town in the Alcantara valley, where a violent battle occurred between the Spaniards and Austrians in the 16th Century. Here we will admire the Capucin Monastery (from outside), founded in the 16th Century.
Ous next stop is Linguaglossa, to have a stop in a farm and visit a plantation of hazelnuts, tasting as well some typical Sicilian products, such as pistachios, hazelnuts, wines, salamis, honey and many other local specialities.
Then head to Taomina rea. Your tour then finisches back at the start point.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned coach,
- Tour escort/host
- Gratuities (optional);
- Food and drinks;
- Elevator at Alcantara Gorges (approx 13 eur).
- Children from 0 to 2,9 years are free of charge
- Children from 3 to 11,9 have 50% discount
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.
You hotel in Taormina, Letojanni, Giardini Naxos, Sant’Alessio or Bus Terminal Recanati – Giardini Naxos
09:40 am from Bus Terminal of Recanati – for pick up from other meeting points, please see below
15:00 pm approximately
Returns to original departure point
This excursions has 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
1) The departure time of the excursion could be changed due to techincal reasons! We kindly ask you to contact our office at +39 327 059 4404 at least one day before the beginning of the tour to reconfirm the departure time and the meeting point.
2) Clients staying at the hotel in Taormina city center must reach the meeting point “Taormina cableway”. It is possible to book a extra transfer from the hotel to the meeting point and back at the cost of € 10 per person per way.
3) Clients staying at a hotel in the city of Sant Alessio Siculo and Marina d’Agro must pay a supplement for a transfer from the hotel to the meeting point “Antares”, € 5 one way