Start your trip by boarding your air-conditioned coach at your hotel or at a meeting point and then relax on the journey to Taormina city center.
Perched on the side of a hill overlooking the sea, this town has a delightful character. Upon arrival, your walking tour will begin with a brief exterior visit to the famous 15th-century Palazzo Corvaia. This building, indicative of the architectural style of the period, is adorned with classic double windows. Your guide will take you to scenic lookouts of Mount Etna and the Bay of Naxos, point out the municipal buildings and the maze of staircase “streets” that intertwine in this predominantly pedestrian only hillside town.
Discover the impressive Greek Theater, known for its stunning location. This Roman-style theater was reconstructed in the 2nd century AD. It has marvelous acoustics which allow performances of classical plays to still be held in the theater. To reach the theater requires climbing several uneven, steep stone steps. To access the upper part of the theater also involves climbing uneven steps. For those willing to do it, you will be rewarded with impressive views. Guests wishing to visit the theater are responsible for their own admission which is approximately 10 EUR.
You will then have free time to grab a coffee or hot chocolate or explore the many shops that line Corso Umberto, Taormina’s main street. As well as being a resort town with boutiques of European fashion, you will also see many shops that offer the local Sicilian pottery
After free time, you will meet your guide at the designated location and walk back to your vehicle.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned coach,
- Tour escort/host
- Gratuities (optional);
- Food and drinks;
- Entrance fee to the Roman Theatre in Taormina (approx. 10 eur)
- Children from 0 to 2,9 years are free of charge
- Children from 3 to 11,9 have 50% discount
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.
You hotel in Taormina, Letojanni, Giardini Naxos, Sant’Alessio or Bus Terminal Recanati – Giardini Naxos
13:30 am from Bus Terminal of Recanati – for pick up from other meeting points, please see below
19:00 pm approximately
Returns to original departure point
1) The departure time of the excursion could be changed due to techincal reasons! We kindly ask you to contact our office at +39 327 059 4404 at least one day before the beginning of the tour to reconfirm the departure time and the meeting point.
2) Clients staying at the hotel in Taormina city center must reach the meeting point “Taormina cableway”. It is possible to book a extra transfer from the hotel to the meeting point and back at the cost of € 10 per person per way.
3) Clients staying at a hotel in the city of Sant Alessio Siculo and Marina d’Agro must pay a supplement for a transfer from the hotel to the meeting point “Antares”, € 5 one way