Aeolian Islands: Lipari and Vulcano – Full day
- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Aeolian Archipelago from Taormina
- Travel between Sicily and the Aeolian Islands by motorboat
- Sightsee independently on Lipari, the largest of the archipelago’s islands
- Relax at leisure on Vulcano, either visiting the mud baths or sunbathing on a beach
Start your day trip by boarding your air-conditioned coach at your hotel or at a metting point and then relax on the 1-hour journey to the port Milazzo, Swap your mode of transport for a motorboat and speed through the waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Your destination is Lipari, the largest island in the stunning Aeolian Archipelago, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After sailing along the headland coast of Capo Milazzo, directtransfer to Lipari to see Punta Castagna; in this area of old pumice pits and white beaches, you can admire the charming landscape and the characteristic sea color due to its clear seabed.
After docking in Lipari, our first stop, you can have the opportunity to visit the old town centre (where it will be possible to visit also a small archaeological museum in Castello, the cemetery, the Norman cathedral of the XII century, consecrated in honor of St. Bartholomew), the archeaological park and to do shopping. You will also have the chance to book a bus tour of Lipari (optional, not included in the price).
After departing from Lipari, direct transfer to the island of Vulcano for our second stop; the important attractions are the black beaches, hot springs and the sulfur mud baths. This stop also allows passengers to eat lunch in a local restaurant (optional).
In the afternoon departure from Vulcano to sail around the mythological area of the Aeolian Islands, the Faraglioni, the Papa Giovanni rock, the Grotta degli Angeli and the Scoglio della Mummia. Particular attention to the wonderful Piscina di Venere, the charming Grotta del Cavallo and Scoglio del Leone.
On the way back to Milazzo, visit from the sea to the pictoresque village of Gelso to admire the ancient lighthouse.
Return to Milazzo around 5.45 pm. Transfer in hotel.
N.B. The departures are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach to and from Milazzo and ferries from Milazzo to Lipari and Vulcano round trip,
- Tour escort/host
- Gratuities (optional),
- Food and drinks,
- Ecotax in Lipari and Vulcano (€ 5 p.p. from 01/06 to 30/06 and € 2.5 p.p. from 01/01 to 31/05 and from 01/10 to 31/12)
- Optional activity: Bus ride in Lipari € 10 p.p.
- Children from 0 to 2,9 years are free of charge
- Children from 3 to 11,9 have 50% discount
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.
You hotel in Taormina, Letojanni, Giardini Naxos, Sant’Alessio or Bus Terminal Recanati – Giardini Naxos
07:00 am from Bus Terminal of Recanati – for pick up from other meeting points, please see below
19:00 pm approximately
Returns to original departure point
- The departures are subject to change due to weather and sea conditions.In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
- This excursions has 15 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
1) The departure time of the excursion could be changed due to techincal reasons! We kindly ask you to contact our office at +39 327 059 4404 at least one day before the beginning of the tour to reconfirm the departure time and the meeting point.
2) Clients staying at the hotel in Taormina city center must reach the meeting point “Taormina cableway”. It is possible to book a extra transfer from the hotel to the meeting point and back at the cost of € 10 per person per way.
3) Clients staying at a hotel in the city of Sant Alessio Siculo and Marina d’Agro must pay a supplement for a transfer from the hotel to the meeting point “Antares”, € 5 one way