Catania has a world of offerings for travelers: UNESCO World Heritage sites, fascinating history, street markets, and a cuisine that is the envy of the Mediterranean
- Half day trip from Taormina to Catania
- Stroll Around Catania city center to discover the surprises created with the full intention of the baroque architects.
- Discover the delights of Catania UNESCO-listed historical center, and pose for photos next to the comical-looking Fountain of the Elephant in Piazza Duomo and admire the amazing and picturesque fish market.
Start your day trip by boarding your air-conditioned coach at your hotel or at a metting point and then relax on the 1-hour journey to Catania, From Piazza Alcalá you will start a walking tour through the streets into Catania’s UNESCO-listed centro storico (historical center). Walk along to Piazza Duomo in the very heart of the city and marvel at its Baroque palazzi exploring the grandiose monuments that are scattered around. Pose for photos in front of the Fountain of the Elephant, carved in Catania’s trademark black volcanic stone, and see the imposing City Hall. Work your way along Via Etnea, the bustling main street named after the town’s nemesis – the brooding Mount Etna – and visit Piazza Stesicoro to see the remains of the wealthy Roman town that Catania once was. Admire the ruins of the Roman amphitheater – a site that once held crowds of 16,000 – and see the monument to Vincenzo Bellini – the famous opera composer from Catania. Continue down Via Etnea and cross into Villa Bellini, the public park. Start to work your way back to the start point, passing along Via Crociferi, a film location for many Italian films. Visit of the the open-air fish market, famous for its particular colors and atmpsphere.
Free time do to discover more about the city, stroll among the noble palaces and city churches rebuilt after the earthquake of 1693, see the liveliness of the popular markets, go shopping, enjoy the many culinary delights that Catania offers. Free return to the hotel by public bus (return ticket included). Arrival at the Giardini bus station. On request group transfer (cost not included) to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned coach,
- Tour escort/host
- Return ticket by public bus from Catania di Recanati Bus Station (Giardini Naxos)
- Gratuities (optional),
- Food and drinks.
- Children from 0 to 2,9 years are free of charge
- Children from 3 to 11,9 have 50% discount
- Return from Catania to Taormina Area is by public bus;
- You can opt to book a individual transfer from Catania or from Recanati coach station to your hotel (extra charge)
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.
You hotel in Taormina, Letojanni, Giardini Naxos, Sant’Alessio or Bus Terminal Recanati – Giardini Naxos
07:30 am from Bus Terminal of Recanati – for pick up from other meeting points, please see below
15:00 pm approximately
Returns to Recanati coach Station by public transportation
1) The departure time of the excursion could be changed due to techincal reasons! We kindly ask you to contact our office at +39 327 059 4404 at least one day before the beginning of the tour to reconfirm the departure time and the meeting point.
2) Clients staying at the hotel in Taormina city center must reach the meeting point “Taormina cableway”. It is possible to book a extra transfer from the hotel to the meeting point and back at the cost of € 10 per person per way.
3) Clients staying at a hotel in the city of Sant Alessio Siculo and Marina d’Agro must pay a supplement for a transfer from the hotel to the meeting point “Letojanni”, € 5 one way