See two of Sicily’s UNESCO-listed ancient sites.
- Full day trip to Agrigento and Piazza Armerina from Taormina
- See the archaeological area of Agrigento, which was once a major Greek metropolis
- View the ancient ruins at the UNESCO-listed Valley of the Temples
- Admire the exquisite Temple of Concord, one of the Mediterranean’s best preserved ancient structures
- See the remains of the Roman city of Piazza Armerina
- Discover the mosaics of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Villa del Casale
Start your day trip by boarding your air-conditioned coach at your hotel or at a meeting point and then relax and admire the scenery on the 2,5-hours journey south across the island to Agrigento a city on Sicily’s south coast. Listen as your tour leader explains the history of Agrigento and the ancient Greek city of Akragas.
During its heyday, Akragas was the most prosperous and important settlement on the island of Sicily and beautiful remnants of its past glory are still visible today. Marvel at the beauty of the UNESCO-listed Valley of the Temples, a vast archaeological zone that contains well-preserved monuments from the ancient city. Pay the admission fee (not included), then head inside to have a guided tour of the site, viewing numerous temples including the famous Temple of Concord (Tempio della Concordia), an immaculately preserved 5th-century structure, Temple of Olympian Zeus and Temple of Juno.
See the former theater used for the assembly of free citizens at the Ekklesiasterion, along with 3 sanctuaries and the necropolises of Montelusa, Moses and Pezzino.
Continue to Piazza Armerina in the Erean Mountains and marvel at the famous Villa Romana del Casale which has the finest collection of Roman polychrome mosaics, depicting scenes of hunting and recreation as well as representing mythological and historical episodes.
Re-board your coach and head back to Taormina where we will arrive in late afternoon.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned coach,
- Tour escort/host
- Gratuities (optional);
- Food and drinks;
- Entrance fee to the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento (approx. 11 eur)
- Entrance fee to the Villa Romana in Piazza Armerina (approx. 10 eur)
- Children from 0 to 2,9 years are free of charge
- Children from 3 to 11,9 have 50% discount
No penalities will be applied for cancellations received within 15:00 pm of the they before the excursion. For late cancellations, a penality of 50% of the booked tour will be applied.
You hotel in Taormina, Letojanni, Giardini Naxos, Sant’Alessio or Bus Terminal Recanati – Giardini Naxos
06:00 am from Bus Terminal of Recanati – for pick up from other meeting points, please see below
19:00 pm approximately
Returns to original departure point
1) The departure time of the excursion could be changed due to techincal reasons! We kindly ask you to contact our office at +39 327 059 4404 at least one day before the beginning of the tour to reconfirm the departure time and the meeting point.
2) Clients staying at the hotel in Taormina city center must reach the meeting point “Taormina cableway”. It is possible to book a extra transfer from the hotel to the meeting point and back at the cost of € 10 per person per way.
3) Clients staying at a hotel in the city of Sant Alessio Siculo and Marina d’Agro must pay a supplement for a transfer from the hotel to the meeting point “Antares”, € 5 one way